Writing portfolio

Book reviews & events

Saturday 10 July 2010

Cleaning house and moving on

Hm. It's looking a bit empty here, isn't it?

When I began this blog, I didn't really have a plan for it. It was always meant to be a personal blog. Over the years, my very different interests have overlapped -- parenting, romance books, freelance work and random bits and pieces in between.

But now it's time to move on. I've been thinking about this move for a while. Although I love sharing my kids' stories with you, we're at a point where I can no longer be so cavalier about their privacy. It's not so much a safety issue, but an issue of respect. As they grow up, I think it's only fair to let them tell their own stories in their own way and in their own time.

I'm thinking of starting a parenting(ish) blog, but if I did so I would do it anonymously the next time around. If you happen to stumble across it, I would very much appreciate it if you can keep the secret with me. This is all a bit of 'if' -- who knows when I'll have the time!

Thank you all SO MUCH for stopping by to visit over the past ... has it been six years? I've lost count! I've loved sharing my stories with you and reading about your experiences. Your comments and support have meant so much to me, and I hope you'll keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Kat Mayo. Feel free to use short excerpts as long as you link back to the original post. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of the information contained in this website.
 
template by suckmylolly.com